Senior Street Light & Signal Mechanic
Download or view the PDF job announcement here
|Senior Street Light & Signal Mechanic
City of Pasadena
An Equal Opportunity Employer
$39.75 – $49.68 Hourly $6,889.43 – $8,611.75 Monthly $82,673.14 – $103,341.06 Annually
Must apply online at: http://www.cityofpasadena.net/HumanResources/
OPENING DATE: 02/18/16
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Under limited supervision, plans, supervises and assigns work to staff responsible for installing, replacing, repairing and maintaining street lights, traffic signals, and park and recreational lights; performs related work as assigned.
We will be accepting and reviewing applications until the position is filled. Please note the posting may be closed at anytime.
JOB COMPETENCIES: The following list presents some of the more core competencies for this position; see the Class Description for more detailed information:
- Attention to detail looks at an individual’s ability to manage work and the work of others to ensure that is it fit for purpose and free of error.
- Leadership Ability looks at the extent to which an individual trusts, coaches and guides people to influence and control of their own destiny, through their own efforts.
- Organization/ Planning Skills are the ability to build balanced and comprehensive strategies to achieve goals through careful preparation and organization.
- Problem Solving Ability are skills in finding appropriate methods and means to analyze people’s concerns or situations and to suggest potential avenues to explore that may provide a solution.
- Resourcefulness looks to the extent to which an individual systematically and comprehensively gathers the information needed to solve problems or work challenges efficiently and effectively.
Education and/or Experience
Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for acceptable job performance would qualify. Example combinations include completion of accredited college courses in basic electronics and electricity, written and oral communications, elements of supervision and four years of journey level experience in street light and signal repair, of which two years must be comparable to that of a Street Light and Signal Mechanic with the City of Pasadena and one year must be comparable to that of a Street Light and Signal Repairer with the City of Pasadena.
JOB TITLE: TRAFFIC CONTROL SUPERVISOR
DESCRIPTION: The City of Walnut Creek is seeking one Traffic Control Supervisor to join its Maintenance Services Division in the Public Works Department. Annual salary is $89,145.68 – $107,540.16 plus benefits.
The Traffic Control Supervisor assigns, supervises and coordinates the work of 9 employees in the Traffic Maintenance Division and is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the City’s traffic signals, streetlights, parking meters, pavement markings, street signs, parking meters, and emergency call-outs related to the traffic infrastructure. For additional details regarding this position, go to www.walnut-creek.org.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE AT www.walnut-creek.org TO BE ELIGIBLE
FOR CONSIDERATION. Applications are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 6, 2015.