The California Street Light Association (CAL-SLA) has scheduled Conference No. 55 to be held in two locations:
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, April 22, 2010, Alhambra Room, LA, County DPW, 900 South Fremont Ave., Alhambra, CA
- NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, May 26, 2010, Almaden Winery Community Center, 5730 Chambertin Dr., San José, CA
This conference is being held at no cost for government officials only, which provides an excellent opportunity for networking and discussing the issues related to street lights and traffic signals with your counterparts in other California cities and counties. Attendance will be limited to 100 attendees per site and registration is on a first come basis.
The Topics to be discussed include:
- History of CAL-SLA and the need for every city and county to be an active member.
- Discussion by the CAL-SLA attorney and economist on their activities on your behalf to keep the rates for street lights and traffic signals at the lowest possible levels.
- Financing energy efficiency projects for cities, counties, and special districts by representatives from the California Energy Commission
- A presentation on “Street Light Acquisition.”
- Insights on the legislative process regarding energy issues as well as any new laws and/or upcoming energy legislation from a California State Association of Counties (CSAC) representative.
- Round table discussion regarding the items discussed and the issues of interest for future conferences.
If you have any questions please call Mehdi Sadjadi, CAL-SLA Executive Director, at 415-250-3551 or email him at email@example.com